The Picasso Range brings in the geometric styling of the cubism into candles. Each vessel is complimented with a gold trim to escalate it’s premium design.
These beautiful candle jars can be scented with a variety of stunning fragrances!
Ensure that, on first use, you burn the candle for 2 hours, so that the whole top melts to avoid pooling and to get a good scent throw.
Burns for approx. 30 hours
Do not burn for longer than 3 hours – as this will reduce the scent throw for future use.
Our candles our hand-poured to order, so please be aware that the average turnaround time for candles is up to 3 days to make, 2-3 days postage.
To prevent fire and serious injury, burn the candle within sight. Keep away from draughts and vibrations. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Never burn this candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
How to prevent candle tunnelling
- The first time you light the candle, don’t trim the wick. This is the ONLY time I recommend NOT trimming the wick before you light a candle. If you trim the wick too short, the flame might be too small to melt all the wax.
- Let the candle burn long enough to melt the top level entirely. This takes about an hour per inch in diameter of the jar. So if a candle is 3″ wide, let it burn for at least 3 hours. If it doesn’t melt all the way to the edge don’t panic, but get as close as you can. Sometimes the last 1/4″ will burn as the candle goes down.
- After the first burn, try to let the candle burn for long stretches as often as you can to keep that really wide opening and prevent tunnelling later on.
How to fix candle tunnelling
There isn’t a pretty or easy way to fix candle tunnelling. Your best approach is prevention following the steps above. However, here’s how you can try to fix a candle that has tunnelled:
- Put the candle inside a vase and let it burn for a few hours. The hurricane keeps the heat around the candle to help melt the excess wax. I’ve also seen people wrap the top of the candle in tin foil (with an opening at the top) to get the wax to melt while burning. You may have to carefully remove some of the liquid wax as you go to keep the flame from drowning out. Let the candle burn until the entire top becomes liquid wax about 1/4″ deep. This resets the wax and decreases your chances of tunnelling in future burn sessions. If you just remove the dry hard wax down to the wick, it will likely tunnel again the next time as the wax around the edge still has never melted. Wax has a memory which is why it’s important to set the stage right on the first burn.
If you can’t fix the candle there’s still ways to enjoy the fragrance. You can either place the candle on a candle warmer and melt the wax that way without lighting the candle. Though you won’t be able to enjoy the ambience of a burning candle, you will be able to enjoy the fragrance.
You can also remove the dry, hard wax and place it in small portions on the top of a tealight warmer. This is another way to warm the wax without lighting the candle. A nice little tealight candle under the warmer adds some ambience and candlelight while the scented wax on top provides fragrance. Use caution with all these techniques to ensure the wax doesn’t become too hot and ignite.
Candle Care & Safety
The use of candles requires caution and awareness of the associated risks, so please ensure you always follow these safety precautions:
Always burn within sight. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan.
Never use water or a lid to extinguish a candle.
Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 7mm during use and each time the candle is relit.
Do not burn your Ava May Aroma candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
Stop burning when 13mm of un-melted wax remains in the bottom of the glass wear.
Glass may become hot. Burn candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface.
Candle Care Guide
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
- If candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit every time the candle is used.
- Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
- If the glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow cooling and cleaning with a dry paper towel.
- Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame.
Disclaimer: Our fragrances simply smell similar to the designer brand, Trademarks and copyrights are property of the respective manufacturers and/or designer. We have no affiliation with the manufacturer/designer, and are not to be confused with the originals.